Now teens don’t have to worry about embarrassing metal braces in their yearbook photos or Facebook profiles – introducing Invisalign for Teens. Invisalign for Teens is the clear way to straighten teeth without metal braces, using aligners. Aligners are removable and virtually invisible, which means you can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing. You can still eat and drink what you want. Also, you can brush and floss normally to maintain healthy gums and teeth, and there are no wires, metal or brackets to cause mouth abrasions.
We went to leading orthodontists, parents and teens themselves to custom-design an Invisalign system just right for the dental needs of teenagers. With blue-to-clear color-changing aligners to show how long each aligner has been worn, six free replacement aligners in case some are lost or broken, and other changes designed to accommodate growing mouths, Invisalign for Teens is the perfect teeth-straightening system for today’s teens’ busy lifestyles!
What conditions does Invisalign for Teens treat?
By using its advanced technology, Invisalign for Teens can treat a broad range of dental and orthodontic conditions, which, in the past, were usually treated with traditional braces. These conditions include:
- Overly crowded teeth
- Widely spaced teeth
How Invisalign Teen Works
Invisalign Teen incorporates the same treatment process as Invisalign. Here are the basics:
- Schedule a consultation with Koch Orthodontics. During this meeting Dr. Koch will explain to you the details of your specific case and whether or not you are a good candidate for treatment with Invisalign Teen.
- Scans or impressions of your teeth will be made which Invisalign Teen will use to make a 3-D image of them. Dr. Koch will then use these images to make a treatment plan customized for you!
- A series of custom-made, clear aligners are then created for you. The aligners are comfortable BPA-free plastic that will not irritate your mouth like metal brackets and wires often do. As you wear your aligner, your teeth will start to gradually move into place.
- About every two weeks you will start a new aligner set, which is numbered in sequence. Each new aligner moves your teeth closer towards the next step in your treatment. You will have check-up visits with Koch Orthodontics about every six weeks so Dr. Koch can monitor your progress. For best results, you will wear your aligners for about 22 hours a day.
- Upon completion of your primary treatment, Dr. Koch will create a custom retainer for you to lock your new smile into place.
How to Keep Your Invisalign Teen Aligners Clean
Certain foods and drinks can stain the aligner, leading to a yellowing or cloudy appearance. One of the most common culprits is dark colored drinks. Tea, coffee, wine, and sodas stain the aligners the most. Plus, hot drinks tend to warp the trays into a position that no longer fits on the teeth. Try to avoid these as much as possible. To keep your Invisalign Teen Aligners clean, simply brush your aligners once or twice a day. Brush your aligner the same way you brush your teeth, with a little bit of toothpaste and a toothbrush. Once or twice a week, soak your aligner in either the Invisalign Cleaning Crystals, Retainer Brite, or denture cleaner. Avoid a colored denture cleaner because it may stain or color your aligners. By soaking them, it keeps the Invisalign Teen aligners looking clear while also sanitizing them.