Invisalign therapy consists of a series of aligners or trays which are designed to move your teeth in small steps to the desired final position prescribed by your orthodontist. Each aligner is precisely calibrated and manufactured to fit your mouth at each stage of the treatment plan. This process takes anywhere from 12 weeks to 2 years to complete.
A licensed orthodontist like Dr. Koch with specific training in Invisalign must determine if it is an appropriate remedy for you. The orthodontist will send precise treatment instructions to Invisalign, who uses advanced computer technology to translate these instructions into a sequence of finely calibrated aligners. Each aligner is worn for about two weeks and only taken out to eat, brush and floss. As you replace each aligner with the next, your teeth will begin to move gradually — week-by-week until the final alignment prescribed is attained. Then you’ll be smiling like you never have before!
To ensure the best possible results, only an orthodontist who has been trained and certified by Align Technology can diagnose and treat using Invisalign. Dr. Koch has extensive training with Align Technology. This form of orthodontic treatment is not intended for young children and is not appropriate for every adult. Only an orthodontist can determine if this treatment is an effective option for you. To see if clear aligners can help you achieve the smile you’ve always wanted, contact us to make a no charge consultation appointment.
How To Get Started
Dr. Koch proudly provides Invisalign clear braces to patients of all ages in Geneseo NY, Henrietta NY and throughout Livingston County NY. Contact us to schedule a complimentary consultation today! 585-243-3174
- Schedule a consultation with Koch Orthodontics. During this examination, Dr. Koch will determine if you are a good candidate for Invisalign.
- Next, an impression or scan of your teeth is used to create the 3D model for your customized Invisalign aligner set.
- The series of custom aligners are then manufactured from BPA-free plastic. As you wear your aligner, your teeth will start to move into place gradually.
- About every two weeks you will start a new aligner set. Each new aligner moves your teeth closer towards the next step in your treatment. You will have check-up visits with Koch Orthodontics about every six weeks so Dr. Koch can monitor your progress. For best results, you will wear your aligners for about 22 hours a day.
- Upon completion of your primary treatment, Dr. Koch will create a custom retainer for you to lock your new smile into place.
Keeping Your Invisalign Clean
Certain foods and drinks can stain the aligner, leading to a yellowing or cloudy appearance. One of the most common culprits is dark colored drinks. Tea, coffee, wine, and sodas stain the aligners the most. Plus, hot drinks tend to warp the trays into an incorrect position. Try to avoid these as much as possible.
To keep your Invisalign clean, simply brush your aligners once or twice a day. Clean your aligner the same way you brush your teeth, with a little bit of toothpaste and a toothbrush. Once or twice a week, soak your aligner in either the Invisalign Cleaning Crystals, Retainer Brite, or denture cleaner. Avoid a colored denture cleaner because it may stain or color your aligners. By soaking them, it keeps the Invisalign aligners looking clear while also sanitizing them.